So this past weeked I had the dining room repainted a more neutral color (side note: I am all for DIY'ers who actually can accomplish things like this in a short, inexpensive amount of time. I, however, am not one of those people no matter how hard I try; therefore, I paid someone to paint this room for me. Well worth it.)
Before pictures
During pictures
Et voila!
I picked Porter Paints Indian Ivory in Flat and Semi-Gloss and did vertical stripes about 12 inches apart around the entire room. It's subtle - but I wanted a wallpaper look without the fuss and expense. You can tell in this picture a lot.
It looks like a completely different room! Bigger and the ceilings seem higher. Now the red/pink in the painting and drapes are not fighting with the green color of the walls.
Btw, the guy who painted the room for me was fantastic! If you're looking for a really good, reliable, economical painter let me know and I'll give you his name.








No comments:
Post a Comment