Monday, August 8, 2011

Blackberry Farm

Last week was Michael’s mom’s 60th birthday – and for her birthday, she took us all to Blackberry Farm for 5 days. Can’t complain about that! We had a wonderful time – I highly recommend it for all couples out there. It’s less than a four hour drive from Nashville – and tucked right into the Smokey Mountains. It’s very relaxing, wonderful hospitality, and the food and wine are to die for!

Wednesday night, Patty reading her gift (Anne, Michael and I put together a photo book with pictures of Patty growing up until now with notes from friends and family). Oh and of course, it was cocktail hour if you can’t tell by the glass of wine in Sid’s hand…


Wednesday night dinner at the Barn – yes, I regret wearing a nude bra under my black dress.  Otherwise, I think it’s a cute picture of the family.


Thursday morning, Anne and I went on a bike ride in the country and got a tad bit lost.  What started out as a 22 mile ride turned into a 34 mile ride – 2.5 hours later we finally made it back and we were STARVING.  Luckily, this was on the lunch menu:

And while we ate lunch, this was our view:


Not too shabby, huh?

Friday, the boys went fly fishing and the ladies enjoyed some time at the spa.

I love this picture of Sid



And this picture of Patty is hysterical – it’s blurry but too funny not to include.

Michael and I at dinner Friday night in the Barn

Pictures of the property including the Barn where dinner was every night



Seriously, you really have to go to this place – it’s just such a wonderful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment