Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving Decor

Shout out to Towbin cause she's the only one who still reads this blog :)

This year for Thanksgiving Michael and I hosted both of our families - ten people (and one dog) total. I wanted to do some special decor this year so I decided to buy a chalkboard and make my own art.  It's all over the blogisphere so why not jump on the bandwagon?

I ordered a chalkboard from Restoration Hardware (this was their small!!). And I found this design on Pinterest.


Totally daunting at first, but I jumped right in.  At first, I looked up how to create a chalkboard design via Google, but to tell you the truth it got a lot complicated, i.e. drawing quadrants, using a projector, etc. so I just decided to free hand it.  I turned the board on it's side first.


While I did this, my little helper seemed very confused.

 
Once I completed the 'Thanks,' I turned the board right side up.


And then added the corn stalk.


Then I propped the finished product up on the make shift bar.


Everything looks better on Instagram.


By Thursday, the bar looked like this.


In order to entertain ten people, I ordered a farm table and cross back chairs from a place in Franklin - Southern Events. I highly recommend them.


And when the table was set, it looked like this.


Not too shabby huh?

1 comment:

  1. E! Thanks for the post and the shout out. I am so very impressed with your chalkboard.... Who needs quadrants, etc.hope you had a lovely turkey day!

    ReplyDelete