While I am not a fan of New Year's Eve (amateur night), I do love the start of a new year. It just brings such promise. But before we start 2014, here's a glimpse of all that 2013 brought the Noble family.
January
Our home renovation was well underway in January; in fact, we even started to move in at the end of the month. It only took 4 months!
February
By February, I was enjoying our new home, especially my special spot in the bathtub with the tv running and a glass of wine. One time I left the bubbles unattended for too long and things got a bit out of hand.... oops!
March
I honestly have no recollection of what happened in March. Time flies!
April
We had two small weekend trips in April. The first was Michael's firm retreat to Amelia Island. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton. As I laid by the pool, Michael was stuck in meetings - quite unfortunate for him, but lucky me.
Our second weekend trip was to Augusta, Georgia for a fun-filled day at the Masters (Monday practice round). Again, we stayed at the Ritz Carlton (Reynolds Plantation - you have to go there!). I joked with Michael that a girl could get used to staying at just a Ritz. I mean two trips to a Ritz in a month - who does that?!?! This was our Christmas gift to Michael's parents and I think they had a blast.
May
After going through a home renovation (and living in the house while it's going on), we both realized we just had a lot of stuff - too much. So in May, I took a whole week of work to go through every square inch of our house and make a pile for our annual neighborhood yard sale in June. It was exhausting, but so fulfilling to clean out things we don't use anymore. Too bad I couldn't convince Michael to downsize his poster collection...
June
We celebrated six years of marriage on June 2nd. Husk, a new restaurant in Nashville, had just opened and miraculously we were able to get a dinner reservation on our actual anniversary. After dinner, we headed to the Hall & Oates concert at the Ryman - who doesn't love Hall & Oates?
Later in the month, I spent a fun weekend with my Mom in Chicago. Shopping at Nordstrom's and Michigan Avenue, dinner at RPM one night (Bill and Guiliana Rancic's restaurant. most delish salad ever - try it, it's named after Guiliana), then dinner at a place called Nightwood another. Just a fun, girls weekend.
July
Nashville's rainy spring/early summer finally let up enough for us to complete our new backyard patio. As much as Michael and I were excited for the patio to be done, Winston was the most excited to have his yard back!
Michael and I also tried a "pop up" dinner at the Franklin Merchantile Deli. I guess it's the new rage for local chefs to get together and create a dinner and drinks combo. Such a fun way to meet new people, and enjoy a nice summer dinner.
August
August is and will always be - birthday month. Michael and I both turned a year older in August - boo! But, we love to give each other presents so that makes up for it. I bought Michael a Green Egg, and Michael gave me a piece of art and jewelry.
September
On September 6th, Michael and I found out we are expecting! We had been wanting to expand our family for a while, but some things don't necessarily happen when you want them to. It was both a relief and nervewracking news to find out that we're pregnant! We're due May 15th.
October
In true Noble family fashion, almost every weekend of our fall was dedicated to Michael's favorite sport - {Alabama} football. Mid-month, we traveled to Tuscaloosa one weekend to watch the Crimson Tide in action. Our good friends, Kyle and Erin, joined us - it was Erin's first Alabama game in Tuscaloosa and poor girl had to watch her Arkansas Razorbacks lose. We had high hopes that Alabama would make it to another National Championship grame, but alas, our dreams were smashed after that game - you know the one. I don't even want to talk about it.
And I can't forget Halloween. This year, our little puggle was an elephant - so fitting. And clearly, he loved every minute of it. ;)
November
It's amazing how fast the year went by - and as I'm sitting here typing this post, it amazes me how much I have to be thankful for. Michael and I were excited to host both of our families for Thanksgiving this year. Every one got along really well and of course is extremely excited about welcoming Baby Noble next year.
December
We celebrated our last Christmas as just a family of three (yes Winston counts in that equation). While I love receiving gifts (and I got some good ones this year), the holiday season is about so much more. And this year, we got the great news that we're expecting a BOY! Michael made the news extra special by gifting me with something from my unborn son (that's so weird to type). My little one got me a pair of kid red-soled shoes and a gift certificate to pick out my own pair - sweetest thing ever!
The last couple days of 2013, I've spent at home - snuggling with this guy.
I guess you could say that I'm enjoying the calm before the storm. :)
Happy New Year to you and yours!






















No comments:
Post a Comment