Monday, December 17, 2012

New Den Mood Board

As we near the end of the renovation, I struggle with what colors to paint the walls.  I always like to look for inspiration in fabric and let that lead me down the color path.  So on Thursday, I jaunted over to my favorite inspiration store in Nashville - the Fabric House.  As usual, I wondered the aisles looking for fabrics to just jump out at me.  And thank goodness they did!

The result was some neutral tones with an eye popping teal. It reminded me of some pillows that I saw when on our beach family vacation.  Subtle but beautiful.  And the light blueish-green is one of my favorite colors. 


Side note: if you're ever in the Grayton Beach area (on 30A in between Destin and Panama City, FL) you must stop in this store - Beau Interiors.  Love, love, love everything in there.

So I put together this mood board to demonstrate how the den is starting to come together.

 
1. Ballard Designs Eton Chair - I've ordered several custom furniture pieces from Ballard and cannot speak highly enough of their work.  Since I found some fabric at the Fabric House, my plan is to mail the fabric to Ballard and they'll custom upholster the chair for me.  I'm thinking at least two of these chairs but maybe four - two on either side of the sofa.
2. Restoration Hardware English Arm Sofa - We bought this sofa about a year ago in a very neutral linen.  My recommendation for large furniture, like couches, is to go with a neutral tone.  That way, if you redecorate you can always reuse those big ticket items (that are not cheap!) and change the pillows, drapes, etc.
3. Porter Paints Jack Frost - After picking the fabrics, I was able to quickly pick out a paint color that accented the fabrics but didn't distract too much.  Michael loves neutral colors so this is outside the box for him, but it's light enough to just be a hint of the teals in the room.
4. Cowhide Rug - I bought a rug just like this at Beau Interiors in October.  I've always loved the look of layering rugs on top of each other and this one was just soooooo pretty.  I know that not everyone loves the look of animal hide (especially if you're a huge animal lover - which I am too).  To each their own, right?
5. Restoration Hardware Brickmaker's Table - The new den is 20 ft by 20 ft so that's a lot of space to fill.  This coffee table is large enough but not too fancy.  Rustic but well done. 
6. Ballard Designs Phillipe Chair - Another Ballard Designs custom upholstery option.  Not sure if I'm completely sold on these lines but it gives me an idea.  The teal fabric is similar to what I picked out at the Fabric House and gives the room that pop of color so it's not too overly neutral.
7. Beau Interiors Pillows - the inspiration for the whole room.  I need to reach out to them to see if they have them in stock.  If not, I'll have to get the Fabric House to make some for me.
8. Restoration Hardware Sisal Rug - A sisal rug is a great rug for any room.  It looks great layered under the cowhide rug and is hardy enough for big traffic areas.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment