Thursday, November 15, 2012

Renovation: Day 46

Y'all, things are getting crazy chez Noble.  In my pea-sized brain, I was thinking "this is all new space, this isn't going to effect the existing house at all." Boy was I wrong.  The good news, I can see the progress... the bad news, it is totally disrupting my house!

The other night I walked in from work and the small hole they had cut in the kitchen above the sink was now the entire ceiling!


 
 
And, I had to unzip through a plastic door to get from the kitchen into the dining room:
 
 
Side note: Winston hates this.  We've had to move his food and water bowls to the dining room because he's so scared of the plastic.
 
Half of my pantry has been moved out into the dining room:
 
 
I'm being told all this hoopla has to do with the new HVAC unit and tying into the existing plumbing structure.  Right now, it's affecting my ability to use the kitchen at all.

While all of this is going on inside the house, the outside is coming along beautifully.  They've installed most of the new doors and windows (tough shot through the upstairs bathroom window because they still haven't busted through the wall upstairs):


And they're are about halfway done putting up the new siding:



I'm so happy to see this sort of progress, because my excitement is waning due to all the discourse.  I'm trying to think happy thoughts - two months and some change to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment