This past weekend my mom and I headed to New York City for a girls’ weekend – it just happened to fall on Mother’s Day, which made it even more special.
Friday, we had an extremely early flight (our morning started at 4 am) but we ended up in NYC by lunch time. After lunching at a place called Dishes, we hit 5th Ave for some shopping. Believe it or not, we actually did not purchase one thing (don’t worry we made up for it the next day). I love NYC because you can just walk around and find the best places off the beaten path. So somehow we ended up in Union Square right around the corner from a hotel that I’ve been dying to visit. Rachel Zoe and her husband Rodger, of the Rachel Zoe Project, had stayed at the Crosby Street Hotel or one of the other hotels of the same nature in an episode, and it was über-chic. It did not disappoint! Mom and I enjoyed a round of cocktails in their lounge area:
Mom had the Tiger’s Eye and I had the Trophy Wife J
Friday night, we went to see “Something Borrowed” at the movies. Mom and I both love going to the movies and it gave us a couple of hours to rest our weary feet from all that walking. Then after the movie we went to this little place called Sangria 46 for tapas and sangria, of course!
Saturday was a fun-filled day of shopping, walking and eating. We lunched at SnAKS in Saks Fifth Ave and dinnered (don’t think that’s word but I’ll go with it) at Azalea for some Italian that night.
Sunday was an absolutely gorgeous day so we had a Champagne Mother’s Day brunch outside on the patio at 9 with crab mac and cheese, biscuit and gravy, pear & arugula salad and these little mini ice cream cones for dessert. Delicious! Then we headed over to “How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying” starring Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and John Larroquette. We had amazing seats – 5th row in the middle of the orchestra, and the play was fantastic! We could see the beads of sweat on their faces after all the musical numbers. Gross, but gives you an idea of how close we were. :)
That night we grabbed chicken & rice platters from the street vendor outside our hotel. Every day and night when we passed by this place the line was half a block long and we read online that it was the place to eat. So of course we had to try it. Another reason why I love NYC – all the food is great from fancy restaurants to street vendors.
As for the amount of shopping we did... well, let's just say I more than made up for the 6 weeks of no shopping that I did for Lent this year.
As for the amount of shopping we did... well, let's just say I more than made up for the 6 weeks of no shopping that I did for Lent this year.
It was such a great weekend and really fun to spend some quality time with my mom. I hope everyone else had as wonderful Mother’s Day as we did!


How fun!! No pics of the 2 of you?! And I want to see what all you got on your shopping spree! We need to get together soon. Love you!
ReplyDelete