Thursday, July 15, 2010

Never Enough - Days Four and Five

After leaving St. Vincente, we headed to Little Tobago Cays, which is only 150 miles off the coast of Venezuala.  And it was absolutely beautiful!  Look at this water!


The whole area is a bird and fish santuary.  In fact, there was even a roped off area where we could swim with the LARGE sea turtles.  I really wish I had an underwater camera to take pictures of all the turtles we saw.  That was probably one of my favorite things about the trip. While we were there Michael and Iboth tried scuba diving for the first time.  Michael loved it - he even petted a small nurse shark on one of his dives.  I totally freaked out under the water (and I was only 20 ft below) and decided I'm more of a swimming with the turtles and sun-bathing kinda gal.  Here's some pictures of Michael about to head out on a dive/learning to dive while in the water (not so smart if you ask me):


This is where I lounged during the day while Michael was diving:



During sunset, we'd enjoy cocktails and apps on the boat after a long day in the sun:





Notice that Michael doesn't look a shade darker than he normally does...

On the second night while in Little Tobago Cays, the crew set up a beach barbeque for us with lobsters, steak, potatoes, veggies, etc.  The chef even got off the boat to cook for us on land.  It was delish...
  



Frank (the owner of the boat and our host for the week) with one of the locals and the HUGE lobsters


Sunset from land with our boat in the background

Only two more days of Never Enough posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment