Thursday, January 24, 2013

Renovation: Day 114

We spent the weekend moving things into the new part of the house.  Our new bed was delivered at the beginning of the month and had been sitting in bubble wrap in a corner of the house.  We finally put it together on Saturday and then the new Tempurpedic mattress was delivered Sunday night!  Typically I hate making beds (even though I make my bed every day because I hate coming home to an unmade bed worse), but I had so much fun putting the new sheets, quilt, bedspread and pillows on the bed.  The end result looks like this:

 
The lamps (Circa Lighting) are staying, but the nightstands are temporary.  They're actually side tables for the den, but we need something until I find permanent nightstands. 
 
 
Bed - Serena and Lily
Quilt and Euro Shams - Bella Linea (reused from our old bed)
Duvet Cover and Standard Shams - Bella Linea
Monogrammed Sham - Bella Beach in Destin, FL (I saw a sample back in October when we were down there and then ordered it via phone)
Sheets - Target (I really do not like spending a lot of money on sheets!  I wonder why that is?)
 
In other news, the shower glass was installed on Tuesday.  I can't wait to take a shower in there!
 

And I put the Union Jack rug down in the closet:


While Michael and I are putting things up and away, this is what Winston does:

 
Doesn't look that comfortable to me, but whatever floats your boat, buddy.  It's almost like he's saying "Mom, decorating is exhausting!"

No comments:

Post a Comment