Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Finally! A Walk-In Closet!

With the news finally out there about our home renovation, I feel like I can finally start blogging about all the ideas I have for each of the rooms.  Yay!
 
I'll start with one of my two favorite rooms - my new walk-in closet!  I cannot express how excited I am about it!  Hallelujah - I'll finally have a clear view into all my shoes :) and I won't have to switch out Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter attire evertime the season changes.  And yes, Michael will have some space in there too, so he won't have to go downstairs to get dressed anymore.

I'm having a hard time deciding which direction I want to go with the decor - so here's my first stab at some ideas.




1) Picture from People Magazine of the founder of Spanx's home closet. 
2) Union Jack Rug in the shape of a hide rug (with the added bonus that no animals were hurt) from Jonathan Adler
3) Another Jonathan Adler Union Jack Rug (if the animal shape isn't your thing)
4) Restoration Hardware 19th C. Crystal Chandelier
5) Wall of Shoes - Picture from Houzz.com
 

You might be asking why the union jack/british theme.  I'll tell you but don't judge - it's a totally silly reason.  My closet is going to be one of the first rooms I walk into each morning, so I want it to be a happy place.  I want to walk in and smile at it each morning.  So... in my head, I've envisioned that this is what Kate Middleton's closet looks like. Silly, right?  But it makes me smile just thinking about it.

P.S. I totally know that my closet is just a smidgeon of the size of Kate Middleton's closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment