Monday, November 16, 2009

House Hunting One Sunday Afternoon

Since we bought our house over two years ago, I have become obsessed with home design, renovations, layout, colors, decorating, furniture - you name it!  Michael thinks I am absolutely crazy because it's all I want to talk about but I can't help it.

So, this Sunday afternoon, I convinced him to go to two open houses with me.  Both houses are on my route to the gym and both have been on the market for quite a while.  Both are completely out of our price range but sometimes it's fun just to go see what may happen one day.

To make Michael feel better, I'll just say that neither house would I buy on the spot.  They "could" be beautiful homes but in my humble opinion they would need some work for me to feel like they matched my personal style.  However, that being said, both homes had some things that I loved.

The first house we went to is on Woodmont.  It's been listed for two years.  The original asking price was $2.8 million - but now, it's listed at $1.5 million.  What a steal! :) 

It's a beautiful, very stately home.  Huge, Scarlett O'Hara, staircase in the front foyer, hardwood floors everywhere, 10 foot ceilings downstairs, renovated kitchen and den area.  But then you go upstairs... They added a master bedroom but it wasn't very nicely done.  Then the other five bedrooms and 4 bathrooms hadn't even been touched!  It was kind of sad.  All in all, Michael and I will never live in a home this big (I mean 6 bedrooms, really?), but a smaller version would be nice.  Here's a few pictures:




I would parade down these stairs ALL THE TIME.





The second house we visited is on Valley Brook.  Again, since it was listed for so long the owners reduced the price from $1.2 million to just under $1 million.  This one is made out of beautiful gray limestone.  It was built in the 1940's and there were several renovations made to it.  You could tell, because the flow of the house didn't run smoothly.  But, this house had one of the best things I have ever seen in a house!!!  The upstairs was very, very recent.  They added a master bed and bath AND a den area that opened out to a second story HUGE covered porch - complete with fireplace.  It overlooked their immaculate backyard and just happened to sit over their three car garage (I would have to get my third car, I guess ;)).

Here are some pictures:




I would never leave this place at all! Michael would have to carry to me to bed unwillingly EVERY night.





Den that leads to the porch.  Includes a bar and wine fridge which makes me very happy. :)


I love this little breezeway!

Michael calls me a more, more, more person but I can't help it when I see beautiful homes like this!  A girl can dream I guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment